Preparing for the visit
Useful information to travel to the museum with the family
An adventure passport for children
The musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac accompanies each child in his adventure, by offering a passport (available at the museum reception). Have it stamped at the reception each time you come: when you have three stamps, the whole family wins!
- Children receive a gift to start making their adventurer’s kit.
- Parents win a discount on the Twin Pass+ to extend their exploration of the museum for a whole year (direct access without queuing and unlimited access for 2 adults and accompanying children under 18 years; discounts for family activities…).
Practical services to make it easy for you to come with the family
- Strollers are welcome at the museum! To make it easier to get around, you can ask for access to the elevators. Strollers can be loaned out to you at the cloakroom, as well as wheelchairs and folding chairs.
- A free cloakroom is available on the Upper Garden level (JH) for you to deposit your personal belongings (except for valuable and/or cumbersome, within the limit of its storage capacities).
- Toilets are available on the Lower Garden level (JB), on level 2 and on level 3. Changing tables are also available for you.
- For a lunch break, the café Branly welcomes visitors in the middle of the garden.
- Avoid the queues by making your reservation and paying in advance for activities with the family by phone (at 01 56 61 71 72, from Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 5 pm) or by internet.
- Once you are at the museum, don’t hesitate to ask the reception teams if you have any questions.
Little rules for your tour
At the museum, you do have the right:
To like or dislike
To consider objects beautiful or ugly, surprising or terrifying
To observe in detail or just glance
To write and draw
To take photos (without a flash)
At the museum, you do not have the right:
To touch the objects (they are very fragile!)
To run or slide
To shout and sing
To drink or eat in the collections
To throw papers on the floor
Are you ready to explore the museum with the family? Get information on our activities and our tools that can accompany you on your expedition!
- Free admission for children under 18 years (access without a ticket)
- Discounts for holders of the “large family” cards
Check out all rates.