At the beginning of 2022, the musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac launches the first call for applications of its new program: the Sound Art Residency.
Sound Art Residency Call for applications
The Sound Art Residency is open exclusively to artists who come from one of the four continents represented in the collections of the musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac: Africa, Asia, Oceania and the Americas. There is no age limit to apply.
The jury will give precedence to pieces conceived in connection with the museum’s collections, interests and theme.
The winning project will be chosen in the spring of 2022 by an international jury that will bring together various personalities from the world of sound and audiovisual creation. The museum will pay the winning artist an endowment of €8,000 and will also finance the production of the sound work, which will be presented to the public and may become part of the museum's collections.
- Applications must be received by: Thursday 28 April 2022.
- 10 June 2022: Selection of the laureate after an interview
- 17 to 31 October 2022: Research and creation at the museum in Paris and Le Fresnoy in Tourcoing
- November 2022-February 2023: Creation / production / securing rights…
- 1 to 8 March 2023: Post-production at Le Fresnoy
- Mid-March 2023: End of the residency and public presentation of the piece
- Download the Call for applications and its appendices (ZIP - 1.3 MB).